Welcome to Trinity Lutheran School
Students attending Trinity Lutheran School are given the opportunity to excel in three main areas in their lives namely: MIND, BODY and SPIRIT. Our school provides a safe environment for their education and
TLS students experience a variety of benefits including:
Spiritual: Teaching of the SPIRIT
- Students are given religious instruction with daily devotions, religion class, and confirmation. A weekly chapel service is offered to lead the young people, entrusted in our care, to grow in their walk with our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Students are exposed daily to God’s Word
- Students are encouraged to grow in their faith of Jesus. As followers of Christ, we believe our faith in Him is meant to affect every aspect of our lives. The Bible says: “Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” Colossians 3:17
Academic: Teaching of the MIND.
- The following subjects offer many challenges for our students.
o Math: Necessary math concepts for future use are taught. This begins with basic number concepts in the lower grades and progresses each year to algebra in the upper grades.
o Reading: Phonics, comprehension, and analyzing written materials are practiced. Accelerated reader is also used in most grades.
o Language: Both written and oral skills are developed for proper communication.
o Social Studies: Lower grades learn of communities and relationships while the upper grades focus on World History, Geography, U.S. History and Civics.
o Science: The active study of God’s creation is taught with geology, astronomy, physics and biology.
o Spanish is taught in grades 5-8.
o Spelling, Handwriting, Computer Lab, Music, and Art are also part of the rich academic offering here at TrinityLutheranSchool.
Physical: Teaching of the BODY:
- Physical Education Classes are taught in all grades. Our full size gym (family center) and outdoor facilities offer endless possibilities year round.
- A healthy life style is promoted. Students are offered participation in Jump Rope for Heart, Hoops for Heart and Outdoor Education.
- Establishing life-long friendships
- Modeling respectful, Christian relationships
- Building friendships with older and younger students through school programs
- Creating confident and caring attitudes and developing positive self-esteem
I have attended Trinity Lutheran School since Kindergarten and love going to Trinity. The teachers care a lot about you, and the kids that go to Trinity are really great. The parents really care about their kids too because they are involved a lot. I like having smaller class sizes because it’s easier to ask questions. Trinity also has many different sports and activities like band and choir. Most kids are involved in sports which is really fun. Trinity has been a great school for me. I have a lot of close friends and have learned so much.
Hannah W., 8th Grade Student.