Our Core Belief
We at Trinity believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is therefore without error (2nd Peter 1:21; John 10:35). It is from God’s Word that all our teaching (doctrine) and practice must be drawn (2nd Timothy 3:16-17). Because the Holy Scriptures are the only rule and standard for the Christian faith and life; therefore we believe, teach and confess that...
- All people are sinful from the moment of conception and are therefore in need of forgiveness (Psalms 51:5; Romans 3:23-24);
- Because of our natural sinfulness we cannot do anything to merit, earn or achieve such forgiveness on our own (Ephesians 2:8-10; 1st Corinthians 2:14);
- God, solely because of His love for us, and without merit or worthiness on our part, sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to take the sins of every person on Himself, suffering in our place all of God’s just anger and dying on the cross to secure our forgiveness (John 3:16-18; Romans 4:25; 2nd Corinthians 5:18-19);
- This forgiveness earned by Christ’s sacrificial death for us is distributed to us through the proclamation of God’s Word and administration of the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion, which we refer to as the “means of grace” (Romans 10:17; John 20:30-31; Titus 3:3-7; Mathew 26:26-28);
- And because God offers and gives this forgiveness, creating and sustaining faith through the Word and Sacraments, we are frequently and regularly to join with other Christians to hear and learn from God’s Word and receive the Lord’s Supper (Acts 2:42; Hebrews 10:19-25).
The Authority and Power of the Bible
We affirm the divine inspiration, truthfulness
(II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:21; John 10:35; Isa. 55:11; 1 Cor. 1:21; Rom. 1:16, Matt. 5:17,18; Jude 3; Eph. 1:17,18; 3:10,18)